Zip my cushion - Beginners plus
Class duration: 3 hours
Class price: £45
What will I make: A zipped cushion
Class materials: £11 (optional)
Cushions are an essential part of our home interiors (or garden) and we can never have enough styles and colours. In this fun and relaxing class we will be learning how to make a stylish zipped cushion. Areas we cover include
- - Cutting fabric
- - Attaching regular zips
- - Making sample of piping (for future projects)
- - Sewing straight lines, curves and corners
- - Finishing seams and reverse stitching
- - Decorative stitching (optional)
What do I need to bring?
If you plan to use a fabric of your own choice to suit your home décor please bring along the following:
- cushion fabric
- - 50cm of 115cm or 140cm wide woven cotton (non stretchy)
- - regular zip (ideally 35cm long (if longer we'll show you how to shorten it)
- - inner pad (optional) measuring 45x45cm
Alternatively, you can buy the full kit from us for £11 (available when booking the class).
Just to sew things up...
All machines and equipment are provided.Refreshments and biscuits are included and a glass of wine for all evening classes to help create a seamless atmosphere.
A few important T&Cs
Please take a moment to read the not so fun BUT nevertheless important terms and conditions regarding the sewing classes we run.
Looking for a different kind of gift idea? Learning to sew could make the perfect present. Check out our gift vouchers which can be used for any class or course.
Work for us
Do you love sewing and crafting? Are you interested in working for us or looking for work experience? Send us your CV or a covering letter. We'd love to hear from you.