Bespoke Bridal Alteration Service
Got your big day planned but need help with your wedding or bridesmaids dress? Or perhaps you just want to breathe new life into your favourite stylish dress?
Here at Sew Pretty we don’t just teach sewing skills we also offer a complete bespoke alterations service. We work locally in Wimbledon with wedding and bridal shops. We are able to take in, alter, lengthen or shorten your dress.
Sew Pretty specialise in the following alterations:
- ‘Wedding dresses’
- ‘Bridesmaid dresses’
- ‘Mother of the bride dresses’
- ‘Re-modelling and repairs’
- ‘Flower girls dresses’
- ‘Evening wear'
AppointmentsAppointments must be booked in advanced please contact us by email or telephone to arrange a suitable slot:
Dress alteration form
Please download our alteration form and price list, which should be filled out and brought with you to your fitting appointment.
How to find us
The Sew Pretty studio is located at 377 Wimbledon Park Road, SW19 6PE, just next to Wimbledon park. Click here to find out how to find us.
A few important T&Cs
Please take a moment to read the not so fun BUT nevertheless important terms and conditions regarding the dress alteration service that Sew Pretty offer. Please note that failure to adhere to our terms may incur additional costs:
- All alterations require a 50% deposit of the full price.
- Please note, that these prices are only estimates and will vary according to types of fabric, garment construction and length of time spent during fittings.
- For restyling and major alterations, please ask for an estimate.
- Appointment time spent on each dress is approximately 20min.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- Please note that due to lack of space on our premises you can only be accompanied by two people to your appointment.
- Please bring the underwear you intend to wear on your wedding day to your first and subsequent fittings; the correct bra is essential as the dress will be fitted around it. Shoes must also be brought in if the dress needs to be hemmed. If this is not possible please at least bring shoes of the same height although in this case please note we will require you to sign a disclaimer for any work done to the hem length in case this changes in your shoes.
Click here to see our ALL the T&Cs.
- We regret but we cannot store any shoes, accessories or bridal box on the premises for you.
- Please wear minimal make up to avoid soiling your dress.
- We will take a complete set of measurements at the preliminary fitting and the dress will be altered in accordance with these measurements. Sew Pretty shall not be liable for any changes in the measurements due to weight fluctuations or pregnancy and a charge will apply if the work needs to be done to accommodate these variations.
- Please allow two months for our service; we will, however, do our utmost to accommodate your needs. Simpler alterations can be completed within a month.
- We reserve the right to charge an express fee of £25 per dress during busy periods. This fee is effective for work requiring completion within 7 working days.
- Payment by cash, credit card or cheque with card (Visa, MasterCard, Delta & Maestro).
Looking for a different kind of gift idea? Learning to sew could make the perfect present. Check out our gift vouchers which can be used for any class or course.
Work for us
Do you love sewing and crafting? Are you interested in working for us or looking for work experience? Send us your CV or a covering letter. We'd love to hear from you.