Alteration Terms & Conditions
Please take a moment to read through the terms and conditions of our alteration service, failure to adhere to may incur additional costs:
- All alterations require a 50% deposit of the full price.
- Please note, that these prices are only estimates and will vary according to types of fabric, garment construction and length of time spent during fittings.
- Appointment time spend on each dress is approximately 20min.
- For restyling and major alterations, please ask for an estimate.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- Please note that due to lack of room on our premises you can only be accompanied by two people to your appointment.
- Please bring the underwear you intend to wear on your wedding day to your first and subsequent fittings; the correct bra is essential as the dress will be fitted around it. Shoes must also be brought in if the dress needs to be hemmed. If this is not possible please at least bring shoes of the same height although in this case please note we will require you to sign a disclaimer for any work done to the hem length in case this changes in your shoes.
- We regret but we cannot store any shoes, accessories or bridal box on the premises for you.
- Please wear minimal make up to avoid soiling your dress.
- We will take a complete set of measurements at the preliminary fitting and the dress will be altered in accordance with these measurements. Sew Pretty shall not be liable for any changes in the measurements due to weight fluctuations or pregnancy and a charge will apply if the work needs to be done to accommodate these variations.
- Please allow two months for our service; we will, however, do our utmost to accommodate your needs. Simpler alterations can be completed within a month.
- We reserve the right to charge an express fee of £25 per dress during busy periods. This fee is effective for work requiring completion within 7 working days.
- Payment by cash, credit card or cheque with card (Visa, MasterCard, Delta & Maestro).